Thursday 13 June 2013

Armani - Maestro Fusion Foundation

Hi Ladies,

My post today is about a foundation that I have been dying to try ever since I had first heard whisperings and seen demo's a few months ago. I am a big fan of Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation, so when I heard about the new Maestro Fusion foundation, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, and now that I have, I can tell you straight off it doesn't disappoint. Armani Maestro is getting rave reviews throughout the beauty community and it's not hard to see why.



Hailed as a complexion perfection foundation by Armani's makeup artist Linda Cantello, Maestro has been eight years in the making. Linda says that this is "not a foundation, it's an entire new generation of makeup that feels incredible, looks invisible and makes the skin appear luminous every time. Everyone can wear it". When I had my first look at this foundation back in August, I wasn't sure if this was going to be for me... I mean, yes, it sounded great and looked amazing on the model but, would it look as good on me? I had my doubts....



The Maestro foundation is formulated using 5 types of oil, this gives the foundation a very unique texture, it's unlike anything I have ever used before. The oils evaporate from the skin gradually throughout the application process, leaving a fine film of pigment on the skin. It's also formulated using a lower percentage of pigment compared to most other foundations, so the effect you are left with is more subtle and natural. Let me just say, that natural is not a look I tend to go for... I think natural, I think 'barely anything there'. Not really the case with this foundation.



The above picture is just to give you an idea of what the foundation looks like on. It covers redness, blemishes and imperfections beautifully. It glides on the face with minimum effort and actually, I couldn't believe how much it covered with so little product. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I have dry skin and I think that this sits perfectly for hours, providing I moisturise first, which I would do anyway. The wear time on Maestro Fusion is about 6-7 hours, but it fades gracefully from the face.

So what are my final thoughts? Well, it's not what I was expecting, it's very different from what I thought it would be, but I think that it's not a bad thing! The application is flawless, for the lightness of the coverage it covers a multitude, I find myself not reaching for my concealer when I wear this foundation, and the wear time is pretty great.  I think if you are unsure about it, definitely go and bag yourself a sample, I think you'll find you'll be pleasantly surprised!


That's it for now Ladies,
I hope you enjoyed!
What are your thoughts on Armani's Maestro Fusion?
Are you tempted?
Have you ever been surprised by a foundation?
Let me know!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment