Thursday 13 June 2013

Benefit -- The Perk Up Artist

Hey Ladies,

I hope the weekend is treating you well! This post is about Benefit's new compact wonder 'Perk Up Artist! In all honesty, I had kind of given up the search for a concealer that could deliver on the mammoth task of masking my dark circles and just generally making my eye area look any way decent, but it isn't just aimed toward the eye area... It targets dark circles, discolouration, blemishes, and it brightens!


Let's talk about the packaging first, how fantastic is Mr. Perk Up Artist?! The hair, the shades, the 'tache?! He looks like he's strolled right out of Studio54 and is ready, willing and able to help any lady's that come his way. I'll let you in on a little secret, I think I'm drawn to the packaging so much because it reminds me of my partner... Stick a pair of aviator sunglasses on him and Benefit have the perfect double of this guy for promotional purposes! (He may or may not kill me for saying this, should he ever stumble across this post!)

So, moving on to the palette itself, this is a custom correction complexion palette. Inside, it comes equipped with every colour you could possibly need to mask whatever area(s) of imperfection are bothering you.

Inside you get 3 different cream shades, each serves their own purpose and you also get a cute little double ended brush, which is perfect for touch ups on the go. The 3 correcting colours are individually packaged inside, with each colour sporting its own little lid which clicks firmly closed, this is really great as it will ensure that the creams do not dry out. The colours are also clearly labelled which is pretty handy!


The Correcting colours from L-R are 'Brighten', this is very similar to the 'Eyebright' pencil, this perks up the eye area, and helps give you that bright eyed and bushy tailed kind of look. Next in the lineup is 'Cover' it might look pretty dark in the pan, but fear not if you are pale skinned like me. This blends in beautifully to mask my dark circles, I don't know what exactly it does, but it works! It's also pretty good at covering blemishes. Last but not least is 'Correct' it helps to minimise redness and discolouration on the face. I love this, it really works at evening out the redness on area's like my cheek's and and around my nose.

Let me also say that unlike other palettes, none of these colours show up under any of my foundations. I have experimented a little with mixing colours to become my own version of the Perk Up Artist (I'm working on the moustache) I am really impressed with this palette, I love the fun packaging, the colours and the fact that it makes hiding area's of imperfection seem less of a chore, I'm really enjoying reaching for this on a daily basis.

Let's face it...until the world is a perfect place where dark circles, blemishes and discolouration are not a problem, this product definitely makes the task a lot more fun, and after all, isn't that what Benefit are all about?!



So that's it for now ladies!
I hope you enjoyed
Will you be taking the Perk Up Artists help?
What are your thoughts?
Let me know!
Until next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment