Thursday 13 June 2013

Christmas 2012 with LUSH

Hey Ladies,

I hope you are well. I had the privilage of being invited to have a little peek at what Lush have to offer for the fast approaching Holiday Season. Now, I don't know about you but I am abnormally excited about Christmas this year. I adore the Holidays, I love everything about them, movie nights, family, friends, cold weather, long hot baths, present wrapping, decorations, the smell of a real Christmas tree, open fires... I could go on. There is something about Christmas that makes my heart happy. I, like every other beauty obsessed girl, love to see the Christmas collections and Limited edition seasonal goodies starting to fill up the shelves. I'm a sucker for the holidays, if you want to sell me something, give it a cute name, make it look festive and I'm all over it.


One of the reasons I love Lush, is that it is fun, fresh and cruelty free. Their Haloween and Christmas collections are two things I look forward to on my calender. My first experience with Lush was walking down Henry Street and immediatley being drawn toward the inticing scent wafting out their door. I dragged my partner in the door and must have spent an hour sniffing all the soaps and bath ballistics. Just so you know, he wasnt bored, in fact the opposite, he was deeply engaged in a conversation with one of the sales men about how the bubble bars reminded him of the feast in 'Hook' (yeah... boys are strange, and slightly insane). From then on it has become a really fun thing for us to do on random Saturdays. The Christmas collection from Lush this year is a round up of all the old favourites from Snow Fairy to the Cinders bath ballistic, but it also has an exciting range of new products to keep you looking and smelling fantastic this holiday season!



The first set from the Lush Gift collection this year is Jolly Hollydays. I love the name! This set contains Karma soap, Each Peach massage bar, Ponche shower gel, Sandy Santa Sugar scrub and Mr Punch soap! It's quite a refreshing smelling assortment of goodies, perfect for that much needed kickstart on a cold winters morning, I think we all need a little help chasing away Jack Frost! (lets face it, no one wants Michael Keaton running after them in a snowman suit at that hour)



This is Merry and Bright. It contains Rub, Rub, Rub, Mr Punch soap, Northern Lights soap, Whoosh shower jelly and Ponche shower gel. I love the scent of Northern Lights, it smells of pine needles and citrus.


From the North Pole is to die for, the packaging of this is just... Christmas! It contains North Pole soap, Santa's Sack bubble bar, Father Christmas bath Ballistic, So White bath ballistic, and Sandy Santa sugar scrub. I used the Father Christmas bath ballistic tonight and my, my, my did it look festive! It went from white to red, to green and then an explosion of red glitter! It was all sorts of amazing!



This box of golden treasures is Merry Christmas it contains Sunnyside bubble bar, Golden Wonder bath ballistic, Creme Anglaise body lotion, Snowcake soap star, and a must have for every lady in my opinion 'It's Raining Men'. I definitely think that any girl who recieves this for Christmas will be sure to feel like a golden godess!



This is Christmas Party it contains Party Popper bath ballistic and Northern Lights soap. It's an adorable little parcel that I think would make a perfect stocking filler.



Santa's Sack Bubble Bar is an adorable little sack full of goodies from Jolly Old Saint Nick! The idea behind this sack of cuteness is that the presents are removable, so you get three baths instead of one! It has a very spicy scent, it contains Neroli, tonka oils and tagetes to warm the skin and help increase circulation.



The thing I love about Lush shower gels is that they are full to the brim of fresh ingredients. The three scents this year are Twilight, Ponche and Snow Fairy. Twilight contains a blend essential oils like lavender, ylang ylang and lavender flowers, I am a lavender nut, so I knew I'd love it before I smelled it! It was created due to the huge demand of the Twilight bath ballastic fans who wanted it in a shower gel, and I am delighted Lush did! Snow Fairy ahhh, what Lush addicted girl can say she has never lusted after this? It sells out as soon as it hits the shelves every year! It wouldnt be Christmas without Snow Fairy. It's candyfloss pink scent mixed with vanilla and the beautiful flecks of irridescent shimmer mean one thing to me... Christmas! Ponche which is Dora speak for punch is inspired by the Mexican fruit punch made with seasonal fruits such as plums, oranges, vanilla and cinnamon, it even has a dash of tequilla thrown in for good measure to give you that extra push in the morning and add a little holiday cheer!



Popcorn Lip Scrub smells so much like popcorn, you have to stop yourself from licking your lips. Lush lip scrubs are fantastic for exfoliating dry lips, if you havent tried them, I highly recommend you give them a go. They smell and taste delicious!



Father Christmas Bath Ballastic is new this year. This little guys fizzes around the bath to create a marvel of festive colours. It starts off white, turns to red and then finishes in a burst of vivid green with a huge amount of red glitter!



Crackersnap is one of the most unique things I have seen in a long time! Yes, it's a bath ballistic, but it also has a party hat, a present, and a joke inside, just like your more conventional cracker. It's scented with lemongrass, bergamot and rosewood which is particularly good for dry skin in the winter.



Party Popper is the perfect way to ring in the New Year, it's a celebratory ballistic that shoots around the tub, with candy, shooting out streams of pink and blue colour, it contains bergamot and tangerine oils with healing rose oil to warm up the body during the cold winter months.



Midnight Massage I don't know about you but I am a huge fan of the Lush Massage bars, I think they are incredible. Midnight massage contains a base of cocoa and shea butter blended with vanilla and jasmine. It smells beautiful. I cant wait to use this, if you have never tried a massage bar, you're really missing out.



Captain Bubblebeard is a reusable bubble bar shaped like Santa's moustache, Miss Addison has already run around the house shouting about her impressive moustache.Little does she know that Mummy had one just as impressive until my trip to the beautician last week. If you swirl it around the bath you will have a mass of white, twinkling bubbles, there's your make-shift beard to match your moustache! It smells of sandalwood, lavender and neroli oil. It's magical (just like my beautician!)



Fun I adore this product for a few reasons, and here's why. A percentage of the proceeds from each bar of Fun go to helping the children in Japan that were affected by the Fukushima disaster, the children of Fukushima are in very real danger due to the high radiation levels after the disaster in the Nuclear plant. Playing outside is too dangerous for them. Despite the decontamination efforts, playing in school grounds, streets, gardens and the general outdoors is just not possible, meaning the children are often isolated from their peers and stuck inside. Lush want to provide the children and parents of Fukushima with community groups and parenting initiatives to involve the children in fun filled, group activities in the affected areas. Closer to home though, I have found Fun to be a fantastic bath time treat for Addison, she looks forward to her baths in the evening, she makes her bubbles under the running water, washes, creates and plays with this. Fun has made my bathtime routine with her... Fun!


My little someone, wanted to say a BIG thank you
to Fun at Lush!
xoxo

That's it for now ladies,
I hope you enjoyed this festive post!
What are your thoughts on the collection?
Let me know
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment