Thursday 13 June 2013

Clarisonic Mia 2 - First Impressions

Hey Ladies

I hope you are all well, I'm excited to share this first weeks review of the Clarisonic Mia 2! I know normally, you could never really give a full review of a product designed for your skin after one week, but honestly, I have been so impressed by this that I thought I would share with you my first impressions and give you the low down on my experience with this, the holy grail of skincare tools for women around the world.


I first thought about purchasing the Clarisonic about 4 years ago, but never went through with it, there was always something that put me off. I think the main reason was because I was never really that bothered about my skincare routine, and this, should I have chosen to buy it was a serious investment. And thats the thing about it, it IS an investment, if I had known then what I know now about skincare I would have had no hesitations. So a little over a week and a half ago, I decided to take the plunge and invest in this. It was always something I came back to looking at. I did my research, about two years worth, I watched YouTube reviews, I read blogposts, I spoke to some friends who had it, and thought this could be what I need to give my skin the boost it needs. If you are a regular reader, you will know the trouble I have had battling my dry skin. I was doing everything right on my part, I was drinking a tonne of water, using the best skincare and makeup but, things just were not working for me, or they would work and then suddenly stop, spending so much money on skincare, and then having it not work can be so upsetting, your makeup doesnt sit right and it can really knock your confidence. This was a last resort on my part, when really, it should have been my first.



The Clarisonic claims to cleanse 6 times better than using your hands alone, this includes any sort of microfibre or muslin cloths, the brush head ascillating over 300 times per second with its micro massage method works with the skin instead of against it, the sonic action removes impurities from the pores and gets rid of all the bad to let the good in. So what have I experienced in the past week? Well, ideally you use the Mia 2 for 1 minute, first apply the cleanser of your choice, wet the brush head, you press the on button and choose your speed, then use it in gentle circular motions for 20 seconds on the forehead, 20 on the nose and chin and ten on each cheek. It's not irratating in the slightest! In fact some days I will do it for 2 minutes, paying particular attention to my problem areas which are between my brows, around my nose, and my chin. after the first use my skin was incredibly soft, all my skincare sank in beautifully and my face just generally felt amazing. After two day of use, all that dry skin in the above mentioned areas? It was gone, I couldnt believe it, I almost cried! It was the most amazing thing, after almost a year of facials and expensive skincare, it was gone.



Another thing I wanted to mention was, that if you happen to be wearing makeup, you must remove it before using the Mia 2, I normally use a Micellaire water to remove my makeup before I apply an actual cleanser for use with this, and just let me tell you... You think your face is clean after removing your makeup? Its not. You would be equally surprised and kind of digusted to see how much remains in your skin after you've removed your makeup. So it just goes to show you, your skincare cant really do its job if it cant get passed that last layer of makeup. My cleansers of choice for use with the Mia are SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser and Bia Beauty's Orange & Grapefruit Facial Exfoliant and Cleanser. I generally use my SkinCeuticals 5 times per week, and then Bia Beauty's exfoliating cleanser maybe twice, just to give it that extra clean. The beauty of the Clarisonic Mia is that you can use whatever cleanser you want, it's fantastic. Everything sinks in so much better and you really feel you're getting the full benefit out of your skin care. In one week the difference in my own skin has been nothing short of remarkable. Some people, I have read, tend to go through a purge stage where they experience breakouts but fortunately, that has not been an issue for me, yet! I will keep you updated on that though!

So my final thoughts on the Mia 2? Well after one week I can say that it was totally worth the money, I have no regrets. It's not a chore to use, it's kind of fun. When you look at the good it's doing for your skin, really it's no contest. It's just incredible. I will keep you updated on my Clarisonic journey as it continues!


That's it for now ladies,
I hope you enjoyed,
What are your thoughts on the Clarisonic?
Are you tempted by it?
have you tried it?
As always, let me know below!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

I purchased my Clarisonic Mia 2 from FeelUnique.com for €150.00
I believe it can also be purchased from ASOS.com x

No comments:

Post a Comment