Thursday 13 June 2013

Lush for Life

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all well. I think most of you know by now, that I have a serious love for Lush. This is Part 1 of a 3 part post covering all aspects of what Lush has to offer for whatever your needs might be. Part 1 is skincare, Part 2 is Haircare and Part 3? Well, Part 3 is all the other good stuff like bath ballistics, bubble bars, soaps and massage bars. My adoration for Lush is not a recent thing, it's been a long time love affair, that I am happy to report has lasted through the years. I don't think it's possible to fall out of love with Lush. I recently introduced some friends and family to Lush and I can see my secret stash starting to deplete pretty quickly.


I've made no secret of my skin and hair problems with you all, you know my struggle with my skin has been a long and tedious one. Since the dosage increase with my Arthritis medication, things had gone from bad to worse with my skin and hair. If I hadn't put my trust in Lush, I think I could have ended up in a padded room pulling whats left of my hair out! I am going to share with you, what gave my skin the boost and TLC it needed to get back on track!


First up in the Cleansing category we have Aqua Marina Fresh Facial Cleanser 'Our pink squishy cleanser was inspired by mermaids. An ocean of ingredients to soothe and calm the skin'. This smells divine! It contains Irish moss gel, organic aloe vera, fine sea salt, Nori seaweed, sweet wild orange oil, patchouli oil and Carrageenan extract. Basically you pinch a tiny amount off, add a few drops of water and mix in your hands to make a milk or paste. Massage it onto the face, and then I leave it for a minute or two before rinsing clean. The feeling I am left with is soft, clean and plump skin. It's really a beautiful scent with amazing results.



Angels on Bare Skin is the second Cleanser I have been using. 'Evens out skin tone, reduces redness and improves the health and appearance of your skin, giving a natural and healthy glow' This is my morning cleanser, as it reduces redness and evens out the skin tone which helps create the perfect base to apply daily makeup. This smells very herbal not at all like Aqua Marina, the two are worlds apart scent wise. This contains ground almonds, lavender oil, rose absolute, chamomille blue oil, tageles oil, and lavender flower. Don't worry if you're not a fan of lavender, although it contains it, the scent doesn't feature strongly within the cleanser.



For Toner I have been using the Steam Tablets in Moon and Stars and Dream Steam. I'm going to tell you straight off that I am a big cheater. The way these work is you drop one into boiling water and put your face over the bowl with a towel over your head... I'm too lazy for all that, so I though I would experiment. After many discussions with blogger friends I decided to dissolve the steam tabs as you would normally, let the water cool completely and the empty the liquid into a sterile container. I keep it in the fridge and use it as a liquid toner, in all honesty, I find it works a treat!



British Nanny has been a long time favourite of mine, no matter what moisturiser I try, I always end up coming back to my British Nanny. Like any good nanny this cream will protect and shield you from harm, it contains an SPF 30, it's incredibly thick and luxurious. It contains almond and hibiscus oils, and it's full of Vitamins C and E. This leaves my skin moisturised and feeling totally pampered.



For serum I have been using the Full of Grace solid serum bar, a little of this goes a long way, and I can honestly see myself getting a few months out of this bar of wonder! It leaves the face smooth and silky and smelling incredible. This also works miracles with stubborn dry patches.



Ocean Salt Facial Scrub contains fine sea salt, organic limes and avocado butter, it smells zingy and fresh. It's quite a gentle exfoliator, but also very effective. It's well loved as you can tell from the above picture! I use this as a body scrub as well as a facial exfoliator and it does the Job on both perfectly!



Oatifix has to be one of my all time favourites from Lush, it smells good enough to eat... This face mask cleanses and moisturises dry and sensitive skin. It contains a blend of bananas, vanilla and oats, illipe butter, kaolin, and finely ground almonds. This reduces redness, cleanse and moisturises the skin, and also calms it. It is literally heaven in a tub!
Ro's Argan Body Conditioner is a real time saver! It's thick and rich, and it of course smells fab! It contains argan oil, cocoa butter, cupuacu butter, brazil nut oil, almond oil and shea butter. This is a twist on your regular body butter, you apply it while in the shower, leave it for about a minute and rinse. That's you moisturised for the day! It's really nourishing and leaves the skin supple and moisturised.



Twilight has to be my shower gel of the moment, it's limited edition for Christmas so, I'll be stocking up on this little beauty! It contains mainly lavender, so it's perfect for night time baths! There is also beautiful shimmer in it, which adds that extra bit of sparkle! Beautiful for the winter months, I can only hope Lush decide to make it permanent!

That's it for now ladies,
I hope you enjoyed!
What are your favourite products from Lush?
Let me know below!
Stay tuned for Part 2!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment