Thursday 13 June 2013

My Bad Day Pampering Pick-me-Ups!

Hey Ladies,

I hope you are all well! This post is my little way of trying to motivate you to have yourself  a pampering session. These last few weeks have been hard for a number of reasons which I won't get into. Needless to say, when times are hard or we are stressed out, we tend to neglect the simple things... This is why, when we are put to the test and pull through whatever challenge faces us, we like to reward ourselves! And what better way to do this then to simply take time for yourself, relax and pamper! It might sound silly but I find that doing this helps me unwind and feel totally relaxed!


All of the above products are on my must have list at the moment, for reasons which I will explain below, I think it's so important to find products that work for you, but at the same time feel luxurious and effective without breaking the bank! These are perfect and all of which can be found at your local Boots/Chemist!



First on my list is Clairol's new Extreme n' Easy, this has quickly become my hair colourant of choice mainly because I am prone to grey hair at 26 years of age, it's so bad that I use to have to dye my roots every 2 weeks. This gives me almost a month free of grey hair! It might not sound like much, but for me, that is a long time! With other colours they would start to show after 1-2 washes, not good value for money. What I like about Extreme n' Easy is that Clairol have branched out in their colour range so if you are like me and love your more vibrant colours... this will be right up your street!

Once my colour has been in for about 20 minutes I head for the bathroom to wash it out. for this I use Aussie's Colour Mate Haircare range. The Shampoo I leave in for about a minute and then rinse and repeat. The conditioner I apply generously and comb through with a wide tooth comb and leave for two minutes.



While I am waiting what I normally do is run a nice hot bath, with lots of bubbles and add my favourite bath salts and oils, I find lavender really helps or white musk. If I'm feeling like a walk on the wild side I'll mix the two (why not live dangerously?!) Before I hop in I rinse the conditioner out and apply a good amount of Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Colour Deep Treatment, tie my hair back and just relax.



 Once I'm relaxed, I apply one of Olay's Total Effects Masks, these are individually wrapped stretching cloth masks. They are just amazing, I argued with myself about whether to post a picture of what the masks looks like on and in the end I said for the sake of blogging I would embarrass myself slightly and show you all, but first a warning... there is no way to make these masks attractive!


Stunning isn't it? My partner just went crazy lusting after me in this bad boy! But, it's not about how it looks, it's about what it does, and what it does is leave my skin refreshed, moisturised and feeling brand new. I love it! So once my time in the mask is up, I rinse out the 3 Minute Miracle, towel dry my hair and apply my hair oil.

After Ive taken the time to do all these little tasks I feel so much more relaxed and just generally feel a lot better about myself. All that's left to do after all that pampering is to pop on the fluffy socks, some nice PJ's and break out the Gossip Girl box set!



 So that's it for now ladies!
I hope you enjoyed.
Do you take the time to pamper yourself?
If so, what are you favourite products?
Let me know!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment