Thursday 13 June 2013

My Haircare Routine

Hey Ladies.

My post this evening is about my haircare routine. The past few months have been a very rocky road with both my skin and hair care routine. I'm not going to bore you with the details but basically I have arthritis and I started a new drug called Methotrexate which is a very strong medication with is actually used in chemotherapy. So, with this new drug come an entire string of issues to contend with. My hair is actually falling out as a result. Nothing majorly serious, but it was a little scary the first time it happened, I'm hoping that once my body adjusts, things will start to regulate with my hair and skin. So, enough of the boring stuff and on to how I try to manage and pamper my hair.


Now, like every other women on the planet, I have tried my fair share of shampoo and conditioner. I am talking high end to drug store/chemist (or whatever the Irish equivalent of drugstore is) Now some high end ones were fine, but they weren't exactly life changing and for €30 plus for a bottle of shampoo it would want to be more than just fine.




So, on my journey to find my top shampoo and conditioner I came across Aussie, now obviously I had heard of Aussie before, but the thing that put me off, was they were kind of expensive for such a small bottle. When I discovered they had re sized to a bigger bottle for the same price, I was there! What I am using at the moment is the Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner. I find that these have worked wonders. I shampoo twice and leave the shampoo in for 2 minutes at a time. Next I pop the conditioner in. I use a generous amount of conditioner and comb through with a wide tooth comb, leave it fr 4-5 minutes and then rinse.



Next on the list is the 3 Minute Miracle 'Colour' Deep Treatment, this is such a fantastic product, not my first bottle of the 3 Minute Miracle, but it is my first 'Colour' 3 Minute Miracle. Unfortunately, I have been cursed with the grey gene. I have to dye my roots at least once every 3 weeks. I have my mother to thank for that. This is an incredibly thick balm that I apply to my hair once a week just to try and repair some of the damage done by the colouring process and of course by styling tools. Now, again I have tried my fair share of masks/treatments and honestly this is so much better than my Moroccan Oil mask which cost €35! This does exactly the same job, if not better for a fraction of the price.


Let's start with the Moroccan Oil, this bad boy will set you back €40 for a 100ml bottle. What are the benefits? Well, I purchased this when the hair oil craze started and this was THE product to have. Yes, it's fine it does what it says on the tin but is it worth the money? No, I don't think so. It's not a bad product by any means but I just think that there are better products out there for less money. Just like the one I am about to show you.



This is Macadamia Oil. It costs about €28.00 and it's 150ml. What I prefer about this product, aside form the fact it's cheaper and you get an extra 50ml is that it's not as heavy as the Moroccan Oil. It's very difficult to overload your hair with this product. This is a healing hair oil and I have found with the combined use of all the above products and this my hair is in much better condition, Less split ends, it's silky smooth, less frizzy and my hair is so much easier to manage.

Before I finish up I have a little tip for you! The Aussie shampoo? It is the PERFECT thing to deep cleanse your makeup brushes with! It works wonders with them, it removes all the dirt and build up of makeup and leaves the brushes so, so soft. It's much better than any actual brush cleanser I have tried including the MAC brush cleanser! Give it a try, I guarantee you'll be impressed!

That's it for now ladies.
I hope you enjoyed!
What are you haircare products of the moment?
Have you tried any of the above?
Let me know!
xoxo
Aundrea

1 comment:

  1. Hi friends! My name is siksha sinha from Delhi I share about my hair Problem. Before few days my hair fall was so much, I am 26 year old. Then I visit a clinic which name is klinikesthetika which is in Delhi. And after few months my Hair fall is stop and I am looking smart. Thanks to Klinikesthetika.com for Hair Fall Treatment

    ReplyDelete