Thursday 13 June 2013

Roger & Gallet - A New Obsession

Hey Ladies,

I hope you are all well. I wanted to share with you my new obsession. Now, those of you who know me well know I adore my fragrance. But, lately the perfumes I have been reaching for are Roger & Gallet. Everything else just doesn't seem to exist when Roger & Gallet does. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but R&G have me under their 'scentual' spell. I have discovered two new Fresh Fragrant Waters 'Rose Imaginaire' and 'Gingembre'.


The thing I love about Roger & Gallet fragrance, is that there is something for everyone. They cover a broad spectrum of scents. Take my two picks above: Gingembre and Rose Imaginaire, both very different but equally beautiful and intoxicating fragrances.


Rose Imaginaire is a beautiful scent. It's not cloying and it doesn't have that artificial rose fragrance which admittedly can be totally off putting. The best way I can describe it is, it's as if you were walking through a field of fresh roses in the rain. It's fresh, it's invigorating and it's subtle, with just enough kick to make you think 'Wow, I smell great.'

The complementing body lotion is just as special. I was never a body lotion type of gal, to be honest, the time it takes to sink in, coupled with the fact that you are more often than not left with tacky skin, just never appealed to me. Hence why it's never been high on my list of priorities. As we venture deeper into the colder months, I decided to make a conscious effort to look after my skin. R&G were the obvious choice, and I have to say I could not have been more pleasantly surprised by their body lotions. They smell divine, they sink in quickly, there is no tackiness and they moisturise the skin brilliantly.

The travel soap is a little slice of Heaven! I think the packaging alone is beautiful. Unlike your run of the mill bar of soap, The fragrance really sticks to the skin, which I personally love, although I realise this might not be for everyone. When you are done with your soap the outer casing is quite decorative so I think it would look great on display in your bathroom!


I don't tend to play favourites with my Roger & Gallet scents but if I did...Gingembre would be the one. When I went to my local stockists, I was immediately drawn to the name, I sprayed it on my wrist, gave it a few minutes to settle and fell in love. The best description I can give to you is that is a very musky, exotic scent, it contains neroli, bergamot, musk and of course ginger. This scent would be perfect for Autumn and Winter, I have actually been layering this with the Rose Imaginaire, I'm really enjoying the way the scents mingle together harmoniously.

The Body Lotion of Gingembre... I have to admit I wasn't expecting much from this. Mainly because the fragrance water itself is quite strong, I didn't expect the scent to transfer well in a body lotion, but again I was pleasantly surprised! It's not as strong, for sure, but you would definitely know that it is the Gingembre body lotion. The longevity of the scent is pretty decent for a body lotion but obviously you can prolong it by spritzing the perfume on top.

Overall I am really impressed with what Roger & Gallet have to offer. I will definitley be exploring their other scents, the next two I have been eyeing up are Fluer d'Osmanthus and Green Tea. I cant wait to fill you in on my new obsession for Roger & Gallet as it grows!

That's it for now ladies!
I hope you enjoyed
What are your thoughts on R&G?
Have you any fragrance obsessions right now?
Let me know!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment