Thursday 13 June 2013

Tom Ford - Private Blend Lipsticks

Hello Ladies,

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to finally have Tom Ford lipsticks in my possession. I adore Tom Ford, I always have, ever since he was Creative Director for Gucci back in the 90's. He is just incredible, he seems to make fashion and now, creating fragrance and cosmetics look so effortless. The Tom Ford brand is pure luxury, and we all know, luxury tends to come with a hefty price tag. BUT this is Tom Ford we're talking about. Sometimes when it comes to luxury brands, it can be hit and miss. I don't mind admitting I've been let down by high priced designer cosmetics before, but that's the chance you take.... Tom Ford, does not fall into that category. I am not kidding when I say I had high hopes for these lipsticks, and I am happy to report, they have surpassed all my expectations.


So, Thursday just gone we took a little trip to Dublin to have a meet up with my good friend Donna from Not Just on The Inside and do a spot of shopping, I needed to go to the Tom Ford counter to buy a gift for someone, so while I was there I had a good look at the cosmetic side of the counter. I'm very excitable when it comes to makeup so needless to say there was some definite pining going on over most of the collection, but it's always been the lipsticks that have fascinated me, the packaging is just incredible, very weighty and sturdy but at the same time manages to be incredibly sleek and luxe.



After I had paid for my items (none of which were for myself unfortunately, and believe me when I tell you it killed me to have to give them away) My partner who was lurking near by at the Private Blend section of the counter, to his eternal credit, took pity on me and swooped in on his Tobacco Vanille scented white horse and told me to choose a lipstick for myself, I chose the above 'Cherry Lush' which is the most beautiful true red I have in my collection. It applies like an absolute dream, I would advise lipliner with this... with any red even, but unfortunately my trusty red lip liner had escaped from my makeup storage. You'll have to excuse the application in the below picture, I did use a detailer brush to try make the lip more defined but only a lipliner could have done the job here I'm afraid.



This shows up more of an orange red in the picture but in reality it's just the most stunning perfect red.



Next up is 'Black Orchid' which was a total surprise, this is the one my other half chose for me as just a really generous extra, which I really was not expecting. Black Orchid happens to be his favourite perfume on me, so I think when he saw the name it called out to him a little bit. It's a gorgeous plum, bloody black. I have to say that I am really enjoying wearing this colour. Although it is a very bold shade, but then, why not make a statement with your lips?



This one kind of applies a little patchy, it will take a few applications of this to get this one looking perfect, the above picture is one application. It doesn't really apply as well as 'Cherry Lush' but again the camera is not doing these colours justice they apply very true to the colours shown in the first picture.

So, what are my thoughts on the Tom Ford lipsticks? Well, I have to say, I am totally in love. So much so, that I have contemplated selling every single MAC lipstick I own to pay for the entire collection of the TF Lipsticks. Are they worth the money? Well, it depends how you look at it. All high end makeup, I would consider and investment. Tom Ford certainly does not disappoint and I really think, that if you want to splurge on a lipstick, these are the perfect option. They are luxurious, they look and feel like you are getting your moneys worth and not to be too much of a girl about it, they are so pretty! I definitely plan on checking out the eyeshadows and blush from his makeup line, and I have my eye on another lipstick and maybe a lipgloss... Maybe. I have a feeling that this could turn into an expensive addiction.

So that's it for now Ladies,
I hope you enjoyed!
Have you tried anything from the Tom Ford line?
If not do you plan to?
Let me know!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

No comments:

Post a Comment