Wednesday 16 October 2013

Beat the Winter Blues - Roger & Gallet Cedrat

Hey Ladies,

I hope you are all well on this dreary and wet Wednesday. The Winter blues are certainly in the post, if they're not already here, but fear not! Roger & Gallet are here to lift your spirits with another fantastic scent! As most of you already know, I am a huge R&G fan, it has become a fragrance brand that can do no wrong in my eyes, with every new release and every old reliable I become more and more in love with the brand, and as my collection of their fragrances ever expands itself I'm pretty certain that I will never get enough!


Cedrat is a delight of a fragrance, it is citrus but there's more to it than that, it's not as straightforward as it sounds. With top notes of mint, grapefruit, watermelon and citron, middle notes of basil and cardamom and exquisite base notes of musk, vetiver, cedar and white amber, this scent is far more complex than the name would lead you to believe, and I just adore it.


The fresh notes of Cedrat mix with the deeper, make this the perfect complimentary fragrance for any season. It's crisp and refreshing like an cool Autumn/Winter's day, but yet the cardamom and basil gives it an enveloping warmth, which balance each other out perfectly. This is cosy, with the right amount of spice to make it a must have for any collection! Another thing I love is it's sharpness, without any evident offsetting sweetness this could perhaps make quite a good unisex scent! I did hold it under the male fragrance connoisseur in the house half expecting an upturned nose, but no! He said he would quite happily wear it. Something not uttered too often!


So, my final thoughts? Its a must have! Perfect for all year, all seasons, day or night. It really is a beauty and well worth the purchase. I think if you are looking for a non-offensive fragrance that is a little more than it seems Cedrat is the one for you. It's very hard to go wrong with such an unassuming scent. Its love on my part, a truly incredible scent!

That's it for now ladies,
I hope you enjoyed!
What are your thoughts on Cedrat?
Will you be trying it?
What's your favourite R&G scent?
As always, let me know below!
Until next time 
xoxo
Aundrea 

2 comments:

  1. I just passed a R&G counter today and this smells fab, I'm definitely putting this on my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! It belongs in all our collections! ;) xx

      Delete