Monday 17 March 2014

Lancome - La Vie Est Belle 'L'Eau De Toilette'

Hey Ladies,

I hope you're all well! Another fragrance favourite from me today! Lancome's La Vie Est Belle 'L'Eau De Toilette'! It was excitement central for me when I heard about the imminent launch of this l'EDT version of the original! I honestly cannot contain my excitement so lets dive straight in!


A reinterpretation of the original at it's finest, the fragrance now embodies magnolia essence, which freshens the original iris pallida, white flowers absolute and patchouli. For those of you who are as much in love with the EDP as I am,  La Vie Est Belle l'EDT also has the the old reliable notes that that make the original so special. Vanilla, praline, sugar, tonka bean and that delicious almond sweetness.


Coming from someone who is on her fourth bottle of the original since it's release, I have to say, I am so grateful that Lancome did not change the visual aesthetic of the bottle. There is such an incredible story behind it, which you can read in full as part of my review of the EDP here.

I think what makes this fragrance stand apart from the original, is the fact that it is more daytime wearable. The original to me would suit evening wear as it is quite complex, and depending on your personal preference maybe just a tad overpowering for daytime wear. The magnolia adds that fresh oomph to it, which would also make it a very agreeable for Spring/Summer wear. All in all, I would have to say, don't dismiss it if you think 'Oh, I know what the original scent smells like, I don't need to smell it.' because honestly, I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised! I think Lancome have done a great thing here, making the fragrance almost more accessible for those who maybe thought the original was a bit too strong of heart for them. I know I for one will certainly appreciate having the choice!

That's it for now ladies!
I hope you enjoyed.
What are your thoughts on Lancome launching an EDT of the original?
Will you be tempted to have a sniff?
As always, let me know below!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea   

3 comments:

  1. I actually bought the edp yesterday because of your review, its really beautiful. I can see how you go though them so fast! lovely review as always! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really?! Ah I'm delighted! It's a stunning scent. I'm so glad you like it hun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, based on your skin and your personal smell perfumes should be purchased. Men and women have different forms of fragrances. For women it is perfume, eau de parfum, toilette and cologne. Coffret parfum homme

    ReplyDelete