Wednesday 19 March 2014

The Body Shop - My Top Fragrances

Hey Ladies,

I hope you're all well! Today I wanted to share with you my all time favourite fragrances from The Body Shop. My love affair began almost 20 years ago, I was 9 and helping my mother with a raffle in myself and my brothers primary school. You could buy three envelopes for 50p (I'm feeling terribly old) in the hope that in one of those envelopes, you would find a ticket. So my brother found one, and his prize was a 'White Musk' hamper of goodies from The Body Shop, he of course was not overwhelmed with his win, so I offered to give him one months pocket money in exchange for the hamper. He happily accepted. I can still remember feeling so grown up, me and my White Musk hamper. At the age of 10, I felt so sophisticated with my very own bottle of perfume. I wore it every day, and I remember being so disappointed when it ran out. Now, as an adult it's a fragrance I ensure that will always remain in my collection.


Since then, as much as I love the original White Musk, my love of TBS fragrances has taken me down a few different roads, none straying too far from the White Musk family as you can see from the above picture, but in my opinion all just as beautiful in their own way, lets take a closer look.


Let's start with Indian Night Jasmine, this used to be 'Neroli Jasmine', but it was renamed and repackaged not so long ago, I just adore the scent, I feel like this could potentially be quite a unisex fragrance because of the Jasmine and neroli it so beautifully encompasses. It's quite a sophisticated scent, very wearable and very distinguishable, once you know it, you could totally pick it out in a crowd. This is a fragrance mist, I do have the perfume but, I'll let you in on a little secret. I have great affection for the fragrance mists, as you can use them for so much more than perfume. My personal preference is to use them as a room spray, they stay true to the scent of perfume, and stick around for quite a while.


The White Musk fragrance mist, is just perfect. True to fragrance and true to form, this scent for the above mentioned reasons, I like to keep close by at all times. I use this as a room spray, in my Scentsy burner, as a wardrobe freshener, and I pop it on myself before bed to ensure sweet dreams and a blissful nights slumber. There is something incredibly special about this scent, and I know there are people out there who subscribe to the school of thought that white musk is white musk, it's not. For me The Body Shop White Musk, is the only one there is, it is just perfect.


White Musk Libertine is just a beautiful all rounder, it has the original white musk scent, but it's sweetened  up a little with what I can best describe as a mix of vanilla, whipped cream, almond rose, wood musk. I can also get the scent of honey in there when it dries down on me. I know that sounds pretty complex, but really all the notes mingle harmoniously to give you the most incredible day time, Spring/Summer scent. It is a very airy, very fairy scent that you can imagine catching in a cool breeze on a perfect Summer day. I love it.


White Musk Smoky Rose is the newest addition to the family, and what an addition it is. To me White Musk Smoky Rose, this is a soft, spicy, smouldering powdered rose. I really love how there seems to be the scent of tobacco in there that mingles so perfectly with the other notes in this, it's almost bewitching. This is a perfect addition to the White Musk family. Kudos to the The Body Shop for this beauty!

That's it for now ladies,
I hope you've enjoyed!
What are your favourites from TBS?
Let me know below!
Until next time
xoxo
Aundrea

6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the indian night jasmine, it sounds gorgeous! Ill def be visiting the body shop to have a little browse, you're bad for my bank account. Seriously lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really such a beautiful scent, let me know what you think when you find it? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the white musk fragrance mist (purple one) and loved it! Such a gorgeous smell! Now I want one again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful scent. Nobody does White Musk like TBS :) x

      Delete
  4. I'm obsessed with the white mush smoky rose, wearing it religiously at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, you should really try the white musk libertine, you'd love it!

      Delete